top of page
Battery image

The Battery Dis-Assembly Line

A dry cell battery recycling system with the smallest carbon footprint and lowest processing costs available in the industry today.


Marlie Inc.: Environmentally-Friendly Battery Recycling

With millions of batteries currently going into landfills, or being eliminated through incineration, there is a real need for a more effective, less environmentally harmful method of recycling dry cell batteries. The DCBR-50K system from Marlie Inc. has an extremely small carbon footprint, and will recycle alkaline, nickel metal hydride and lithium-ion batteries, recovers 93% of all battery components and sorts them for reuse. The recovered MicroNutrients (zinc / manganese and potassium) are used by the agricultural industry in fertilizers; the steel is reused in the manufacture of new products such as cars and trucks. This patented, environmentally-friendly Marlie process will eliminate the need to landfill or incinerate dry cell batteries, and will do so for literally pennies a pound.


Small Products with a Large Impact

Although they are quite small, batteries have a large environmental footprint. Over 95% of the batteries sold in Canada in 2014 were non-rechargeable batteries; the remaining 5% (36 million units) were rechargeable batteries (including automotive lead acid batteries). Sales of primary non-rechargeable batteries are expected to increase to 745 million units (weighing an estimated 19,122 tonnes) by 2017. Not surprisingly, these devices can leave a big carbon footprint.

What is a Carbon Footprint?

A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on the environment, and in particular climate change. It relates to the amount of greenhouse gases produced in our day-to-day lives through burning fossil fuels for electricity, heating and transportation etc. The carbon footprint is a measurement of all greenhouse gases we individually produce and has units of tonnes (or kg) of carbon dioxide equivalent.

What Will Happen in the Future If We Do Nothing?

If environmental degradation continues and carbon footprints are not reduced in size, there will be serious consequences, including:

  • Climate model simulations predict an increase in average surface air temperature of about 2.5°C by the year 2100 (Kattenberg et al., 1996).

  • The likelihood of "killer" heat waves during the warm season will increase (Karl et al., 1997).

  • The IPCC Second Assessment Report estimates that sea-levels will rise by approximately 49 cm over the next 100 years, with a range of uncertainty of 20-86 cm.

  • Sea-level rise will lead to increased coastal flooding through direct inundation and an increase in the base for storm surges, allowing flooding of larger areas and higher elevations.

  • Further melting of the Arctic Ice Caps (at the current rate) could be sufficient to turn off the ocean currents that drive the Gulf Stream, which keeps Britain up to 6°C warmer than it would otherwise be.

Effective Process | Recycles 93% of all battery components. | Our Recycling System
Agricultural Additives | Improve your fertilizer with MicroNutrients | Learn More
Recycling Technicians | Learn more from our team. | Call Today

Contact Us to Learn More

We want to provide the best possible services for our customers while doing our part to protect the environment. View our gallery to learn more about our effective process, and find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. Call Marlie Inc. today to start recycling.

bottom of page